Welcome, this is your interactive bladder diary.
Bedwetting (enuresis) and incontincence are not widely discussed. Therefore it's also not known that in Germany more than 640.000 children are wetting their bed regularly. After asthma bedwetting is the second most common disease during childhood.
The World Health Organization (WHO) classifies bedwetting after the age of five as a disease which needs treatment.
What if my child wets its bed?
Bedwetting can have several underlying causes. For most underlying causes there are several promising treatment options to help children and their families. The earlier a treatment is initiated the greater is the chance to successfully resolve the disease. Therefore a consultation of a doctor is strongly recommended if your child is older than 5 years.
What is a bladder diary?
To choose the optimal treatment a physician has to have all information about what, how much and when your child drinks and when which amount of urine she or he passes and if there are any symptomes evident in daytime that might be related to the bladder. These data can be entered in a bladder diary.
This interactive bladder diary not only lets you protocol all relevant data, but also gives you a first evaluation of this data which you can print and take to your next visit to your doctor.
How to use the interactive bladder diary
- Fill in the bladder diary for at least 4 days and nights.
- You may fill it in consecutively or on two weekends.
- The diary starts in the morning after the first void.
- To measure the urine volume during the day use a measuring cup.
- To measure the night urine volume the child should wear a diaper. Check its wet weight and subtract the dry weight from it. The difference is the nightly urine volume, with 1 gram = 1 ml.
- After having done a protocol for at least three, better four days and nights, let the system evaluate the results. Print the evaluation in PDF form and bring it to your next visit to your doctor.
Is a registration necessary?
You can enter and evaluate your child's data without registration. The data will then not be stored, though.
If you want us to store your data you have to enter a user name and a password here.
For further information about bedwetting (in german) consult the website of the Initiative Trockene Nacht e. V.